Satir Family Reconstruction Training
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!!
Satir Family Reconstruction At The UNC School of Social Work
Facilitated by Laura Dodson, MSW, PhD, Jungian Analyst
Family reconstructions connect individuals’ past family dynamics with their present day experiences. This exploration of familial patterns increases insight, allowing clients to revise unhelpful family narratives. UNC Satir is honored that Dr. Laura Dodson is facilitating our family reconstruction training. Dr. Dodson is an internationally recognized Satir trainer and Jungian analyst.
November 18,2018 – 10AM to 6PM
*Early bird Rate: $125 until 10/18
*Regular Rate: $150
**Includes lunch and training**
7 hours of continuing education credit will be awarded for the course.
The UNC-CH School of Social Work is an approved continuing education provider through NBCC (Provider #6642).
Laura Dodson, MSW, PhD. Internationally Recognized Satir Trainer and Jungian Analyst
Laura studied with Virginia Satir for over 20 years. In that time, Laura and Virginia lead Satir family camps and conferences in the former Soviet Union to help individuals recover from oppression. Laura continues to train internationally. She currently teaches Satir/Jung methods to a group of professors in Thailand.
Laura publishes and edits Satir-based publications. She is the author of Family Therapy, a Systems Approach, which has a glowing forward by Virginia Satir. In addition, she published several articles, edited three books on Satir work, and edited one book on Satir and Jung. Laura is currently working on a book with Maureen Graves entitled, The Practical, Spiritual Psychology of Virginia Satir.
The Reconstruction Process:
• Laura will help a client uncover how family myths, family patterns of behavior, unresolved experiences, and personality characteristics impact daily life.
• During the reconstruction, participants will have the option to observe or join the psychodrama.
• After the reconstruction, Laura will facilitate a discussion among all participants. In addition, Laura will describe the process of leading a reconstruction, explain the tools she used in the reconstruction, and clarify the preparation process for a family reconstruction.
Family Reconstruction Participants Will:
• Examine how family of origin narratives are leveraged in clinical practice.
• Develop family reconstruction skills relevant to clinical practice with individuals, couples, families, and groups.
• Assess how family history and historical time impact intrapersonal and interpersonal processes.
• Explore the intergenerational transmission of behavioral, emotional, and interpersonal processing patterns.
• Understand the connections among Virginia Satir and Carl Jung’s theoretical framework
To register online, click HERE. Please note that payment is required at the time you register; our system doesn’t allow registrants to go back and enter payment information later so to ensure your space in the training, please have your credit card ready when you register. Space in the training is limited to 15 participants so we suggest you register as early as possible.
UNC Satir • UNC School of Social Work • 325 Pittsboro Street • CB #3550 • Chapel Hill, NC 27599 • 919-360-0413